A SAP Model Company is a pre-packaged, ready-to-use, end-to-end reference solution, tailored to an industry or line of business. It comprises state-of-the-art applications and proven best practices and encapsulates the experience from successful, real-life digital transformation projects. Embedded in an overall transformation road map and delivered as a service, a model company driven approach enables our customers to reduce cost, decrease risk, and accelerate adoption during discovery, preparation, exploration, and realization activities.
Explore SAP Model Company
Each SAP Model Company is based on the SAP Digital Business Framework, the Industry Reference Architecture
and SAP Activate and comes with the following building blocks:
A preconfigured solution, which includes all required applications, customizing settings, and sample data to get started immediately. The solution is prepackaged as an appliance and can be run by our customers in the cloud or on premise.
Business content including end-to-end process models which encompass our experience and knowledge relevant to the industry or line of business. This includes e.g. sample workflows, reports, enhancements and forms.
Accelerators including configuration and how-to guides, test and demo scripts, implementation tools or e.g. questionnaires.
Services including hand-over and enablement workshops to jumpstart discovery, preparation, exploration and realization.
SAP Model Company Discovery
SAP Model Company Prototype & Design
SAP Model Company Implementation
- Introduction of SAP Model Company solution
- Guided tours and ”meet-the-expert” sessions
- Read-only / generic demo
- SAP managed platform
- Fast and easy access (e.g. <24hr)
- Dedicated Model Company Proof of Concept / sandbox landscape
- Different deployment options (SAP Cloud, Amazon Web Service, On-Premise)
- Landscape can be customized
- Project with the intention to go live
- Integration into existing customer landscape
- Different deployment options
- Project feedback to continously improve SAP Model Company
As a result customers using an SAP Model Company driven implementation approach achieve:
- Faster time-to-value through accelerated business decisions, a jump-start for implementations, and fast, simple and flexible deployment of SAP innovations
- Predictable results through state-of-the-art architecture and best practices, proven end-to-end solutions and business and implementation guides
- Faster adoption through reduced complexity and ready-to-run appliances,accelerated access to a tailored model company in days and cloud-based deployments of reference solutions
- Automotive Suppliers
- Life Sciences
- Mining Production Execution
- Omnichannel Retail
- Rule Based Mill Production
Line of Business
- Human Resources
- Logistics Execution
- Enterprise Foundation
Disclaimer: SAP Model Company in status planned are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
See what the community is saying
SAP SE announced its SAP Model Company services, a prepackaged, ready-to-use, end-to-end reference solution customized to meet specific line-of-business and industry needs. These new services will help customers simplify, accelerate and enable digital transformation by providing a framework based on the broad business process expertise SAP has acquired as a result of decades of project experience.
SAP has announced a new service to help customers transform their businesses. The SAP Model Company services is a pre-packaged service to help companies digitally transform their businesses. The initial solutions are available for ten industries including: core retail, oil and gas, utilities, connected manufacturing; R&D, engineering and sustainability. SAP has promised to deliver more solutions later in the year.
In our day-to-day life, everything is digitized. An estimated 8.4 billion connected things are expected to be operational this year, a 31% increase over 2016. This means that every human, on average, on our planet has more than one connection between the physical and digital world. And because data is quickly becoming nearly ubiquitous, the ability to capture, assess, and use this information is becoming quite challenging.